Bikes are my passion… and biscuit design would be an interesting sideline… but in the real-world my background is delivering large digital project and programmes for high profile organisations, including Telefonica, Virgin, Mercedes and Orange.
I’m particularly adept at picking up the pieces of a programme that’s going astray, getting it back on track and ensuring a successful delivery… with the commercial skills, dynamic approach and excellent team management credentials to successfully deliver difficult change across multiple workstreams.
I can blend the following skills to adapt to a broad range of challenges:
• A strong and rounded business background with many years of experience in the delivery of complex online changes and updates involving extensive back-end integration, diverse stakeholders and varied third-parties (including off-shore teams).
• Hands-on involvement through project stages, with excellent communication and influence across business, technical and operational staff, whilst maintaining full management control.
• Full accountability for instilling clear technical, commercial and project governance (including stakeholder reviews, scope and acceptance criteria) onto struggling and challenging projects.
• A pragmatic and confident approach to managing internal and external parties to board level in the most effective collaborative manner.
• An excellent understanding of financial planning including P & L statements, balance sheets, cost/benefit models and multiple project budgets well in excess of £3M.
• High level of knowledge and experience of IT/web and mobile architectures for applications and modern practices in the development, deployment and management of these systems.
• Full product lifecycle committment from the concepting, through development & delivery and to the operational aspects of complex web-based solutions that drive positive business change.
Specific skills and specialties include:
o Accreditted MSP® Practitioner
o Business change. Internet solutions. Full lifecycle product, project and programme management. Stakeholder management.
o Best practice lifecycles and project mgt methodologies – MSP, PRINCE2, Agile.
o Online and New Media developments.
o Web strategies & frameworks.
o Off-shore and outsourced partnerships.
o Clear confident communication across all levels of organizations’ stakeholders.
o Experience in financial services, new media, telecommunications, Government, logistics.
While programme delivery has been my main focus, I’ve always remained hands-on – it’s an essential skill that allows me to bring the technical and commercial/business parts of a programme together – and I have built-up a large network of friends and colleagues who can support a wide variety of digital projects – from pencil drawing, 3D animation and photography, to world-beating internet solutions that change businesses.
I don’t blow a trumpet about my work and you won’t find me shouting at anyone to get something done, but rest assured I will pull a team together.
NW, Head of Value Added Services at Virgin Mobile, said:
“You have been one of the good guys, delivery with a smile and a sense of humour. Thanks you for all you have done.”
You can find out more about me on LinkedIn.